This is a franchise job posting,
Banquet Chef, Providence Marriott Downtown, Providence RI
Please do not apply for this job online. Please contact the property directly at
or via email at
Talent Acquisition Solutions
Recruiting Operations and Delivery on behalf of Marriott International, Inc.
To assist in running the kitchen department.
The Chef De Cuisine is in charge of the operations of the kitchen, to include execution of meals, quality of food and management of staff.
- Assist Chef in assigning, coordinating, and supervising all phases of food production.
- Maintain and supervise good food handling practices in all food areas in accordance with company policy as well as state regulations.
- Constantly spot-check food and service to ensure that food served meets our portion and quality standards.
- Maintain food quality in accordance with standard company recipes and procedures.
- Administer the handling of human resource issues in conjunction with the company's policies.
- Aid in cross training and development or all food production associates.
- Supervise proper breakdown and usage of all leftover foods.
- Ensure that all associates follow safe work practices. Report all unsafe conditions.
- Assist Chef in menu planning, as well as menu execution, menu specs, and implementation.
- Assist with all administrative work.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with a percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to effectively deal with employees and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Considerable ability to listen effectively and speak clearly to the guest in a polite and clear manner.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- College degree is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Chef or Sous Chef is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a fine dining establishment is also required.
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...