Field Auditor-Janesville, WI
Join Charter and live the career you’re wired for.
At Charter, we are a growing and dynamic $7+ billion Fortune 500 organization with 17,000 employees strong. Our goal is to be America’s #1 service organization in advanced video, high-speed internet and telephone service – and we need talented people like you to deliver that exceptional and unmatched experience for our customers. Join us, and be connected to a collaborative workplace where everyone plays an important role and where you can make an impact – on your career, our growing company, and our 5+ million customers.
The Field Auditor is responsible for
performing field audits for unauthorized connections and reporting safety violations. This position identifies and disconnects any unauthorized connections according to company guidelines/requirements, maintains system security by auditing locking mechanisms on associated enclosures and reporting damaged equipment in accordance with local guidelines, audits drops as necessary to conform to quality and safety control guidelines.
This position will travel (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities.
The successful candidate will have a current valid drivers’ license, satisfactory motor vehicle report (as they will be operating a company vehicle), be able to climb poles, work aloft, carry, climb and operate extension ladders, and work near electric and other power lines.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Current valid driver’s license
Must have high school diploma or minimum of 1 year work experience
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment
- Ability to climb poles, work aloft, carry, climb and operate extension ladders (approx. 32 ft high and 90 pounds)
- Ability to accurately measure distances and make cable connections
- Ability to use the following hand tools electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g., signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Work indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work performed at various heights above ground on telephone/power poles
- Work and travel in inclement weather
- Occassionally required to work overtime as the business needs dictate
Charter is an equal opportunity employer.
Charter Communications - 10 months ago
Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential...