DESCRIPTION: The Hospital Sales Specialist will have primary focus on key Brand academic centers, affiliated institutions and some large community hospitals. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for selling, maintaining and documenting all sales activities for select Hospital brands within the AstraZeneca portfolio.
- Responsible for developing / positioning AstraZeneca as a leader through development of long term relationships with key Interventional Cardiologists and with key accounts as appropriate
- Maintain a high level of clinical expertise, and consistently utilizing all available medical information resources.
- Implement and direct sales strategies in identified accounts within in the territory.
- Maximize key physician contact by networking within accounts and at medical meetings.
- Achieve outstanding sales results in targeted accounts. REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Strong clinical skill, and sales ability
- Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above Skills and Competencies
- Effectively communicates complex clinical information
- Prioritizes tasks for greatest time efficiency
- Strong clinical aptitude, and the ability to sell in a clinical environment
- Ability to work collaboratively, with internal and external resource
- Ability to network in a hospital environment.
- Applies tactical thinking to overcome obstacles
- Ability to develop and leverage relationships with KOL, and key influencers
- Ability to set up speaker programs, CME programs and special events Preferred Background
- Four or more years in AZ Pharmaceutical sales (Internal Only), or related sales experience, preferably in the anti-platelet, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and respiratory markets.
- Two or more years Hospital selling experience
- Experience in working with interventional cardiologist
- Experience influencing formulary decisions
- Experience working with MIS s
AstraZeneca - 9 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...