The Department Manager is a role model for superior customer service. This position understands and utilizes the proven Office Depot sales principles to engage with every customer to provide an exceptional in-store experience. The Department Manager mentors and coaches associates in their assigned area of the store. They are responsible to motivate associates to be sales and customer driven.
Additionally, this individual provides support to the store management team, performing
Sales Leader functions for the entire store and may be responsible for opening and
closing the store.
The Sales Department Manager trains and motivates staff to be sales and customer focused and ensures appropriate sales coverage in all selling zones. Additionally, the Sales Department Manager is responsible for ensuring the completion of store merchandising tasks outside of depot time.
The purpose of this job posting is to attract experienced candidates in anticipation of future job openings. If you are interested in exploring a career with Office Depot, please apply. Should your experience align with our qualifications, you may be contacted for an exploratory interview.
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
- Experience in Retail, including supervisory experience in a sales driven customer oriented company
- Must possess the ability to use computers and technology for information, and to access information necessary to complete the job. Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system.
- Must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers, and model skills for direct reports.
- Must be able to effectively lead and manage others in a professional environment.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize and implement detailed instructions in a timely and efficient manner, working independently, as well as with others.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule as business dictates
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace –...