Business Intelligence Analyst - Supply Chain Strategy Team
Purpose of the Role:
The Business Intelligence Analyst will support the information needs of the Supply Chain Strategy team. This role will assist in problem solving through the development and delivery of reports and information analysis by leveraging an understanding the targeted business processes and performance data.
This role will also provide:
- Technical advisory services to decision makers within Supply regarding the effective use of end-user reporting tools such as QlikView and Business Warehouse
- Hands-on expertise to business users when developing complex ad-hoc reports.
- Information and insights to the Global and North American Supply Management team through maintenance, distribution and analysis of Supply Chain KPIs.
Key Skills Required:
- Act as the Supply Chain Data expert in the Supply Chain Strategy team
- Identify and recommend a central location for business critical data.
Own and run the process to annually refresh segments and complexity of each SKU
- Develop and maintain Reports that support value chain transformation projects
- Support the development of a strategic recommendation on reporting roles and responsibilities within supply chain
aintain the supply chain dashboard by ensuring user access, maintaining current information, administration, working with internal associates on issue resolution and capturing enhancements
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business rules related to Supply Chain KPIs and the information sources used for KPI creation.
Produce KPI reports for Global and Regional management teams
- Function as the Reporting key user, or in-house technical expert, working closely with associates in the Supply Chain Strategy team and related business functional areas to assist them in developing their own ad-hoc reports or pointing
them to pre-existing reports that may be available
- For complex reports not able to be developed by individual users, be able to interpret and clearly define end user reporting requirements and determine the most efficient manner of retrieving the data from the available company databases / data marts. Information must be presented in user-friendly manner
- Maintain technical skills on appropriate software applications that will provide the optimum level of support to assisted client groups. This includes acting in either an advisory role as a recognized expert, or providing actual hands-on support in developing complex reports
- Coordinate and deliver training on BW, QlikView or other applicable software for reporting needs. Responsible for ensuring that training material is up-to-date and comprehensive.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- An understanding of the key components of the supply chain
- Ability to operate in a Business Intelligence consultant role.
Identify and recommend enhancements/improvements to systems, tools and business processes
- Detail-oriented with a proven ability to handle and interpret large quantities of data and determine validity of results
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and effectively complete regular assignments while coping with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work with different levels of management, correctly interpreting requests from non-system users and determine the best method of supplying the required information
- Ability to re-prioritize a request in a professional manner when required by higher priority business needs
- Ability to identify business requirements for new systems/tools and document findings in Business Requirements Documentation as needed
1 year of work experience in a supply chain role
Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred in mathematics, business or computer science.
Proficiency in use of Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Visual Basic, Front Page and Access)
Successful completion of a drug and background screen
2 years of work experience in a supply chain analyst role
Business Objects, BEX/Business Warehouse, SAS, QlikView or other reporting tools
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Operational Analysis & Reporting
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...