A Transportation Supervisor will manage the transportation business for the distribution of goods and services to the customer’s serviced from and into York, PA.
- Manages the daily transportation operations to maintain company and customer standards.
- Assist in managing the on site carrier to ensure performance and cost controls.
- Coordinate location activity and working relationship between the warehouse, the carriers, and the customers.
- Prepare and distribute daily report to ensure trailer needs are met in order to support expected volume projections.
- Effectively schedule dispatch team to control hours and eliminate overtime.
- Ensure that shift passdowns are conducted at the end of each shift so that all essential information related to the operation has been communicated.
- Prepare and distribute daily transportation update.
- Ensure all associates are trained on all aspects of the ES3 business as it pertains to scheduling, tracking loads, customer closes, new business opportunities, etc.
- Load closing on the warehouse system, invoicing, splitting and putting loads together.
- Trouble shooting invoice/manifest printers, paper issues, training dispatch clerks.
- Electronic/manual yard check.
- Assist in managing the financial performance of the business, delivery cost, fleet support, and staffing.
- Assist in forecasting and developing plans for peak and holiday equipment and staffing needs.
- High school diploma; College degree a plus.
- Three to five years Transportation or related experience.
- Familiar with D.O.T. regulations.
- Tractor and trailer operation experience.
- Personal supervision skills.
- Computer skills: All legacy systems, Wherenet, Word, Excel, XATA queries.
- Commercial Driver License a plus.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with ES3, LLC - An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V