The Associate Director leads and manages the Wild & Scenic Film Festival On Tour (WSFF On Tour) program. Now in its 7 th year, WSFF On Tour provides a turn-key fundraiser, membership drive, and awareness-building event to other organizations offering a selection of films from SYRCL's annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival held in Nevada City, CA each January. The On Tour program is a major source of funding for the South Yuba River Citizens League's (SYRCL) river conservation work. SYRCL seeks an Associate Director with proven sales and marketing experience to lead this growing program. This individual must take initiative, enjoy the challenge of sales, be passionate for the environment, work hard, enjoy a fast-paced work day and like working as part of, and leading, a team. The Associate Director will supervise one to two On Tour managers.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven sales, marketing, customer service and management experience (minimum 3 years).
- Detail-oriented with superior customer service, excellent phone manners and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, attention to detail, is conscientious, and provides follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Experience working in a high energy office setting; non-profit work experience a plus. Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers.
- Bachelor's Degree required; computer skills required including proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Positive, self-motivated, and quick learning performer highly valued. This position requires confidentiality, and a sense of humor is a must.
- This is a full time, exempt position. Main work hours will be scheduled Monday-Friday 9 am -5 pm and occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Visit http://www.wildandscenicfilmfestival.org/employment/ for the full job description and application information.
- Develop program, budgets, and aggressive sales goals and assure they are met.
- Research new markets and solicit new On Tour venues; retain and maintain relationships with existing venues.
- Hire, train and manage On Tour team to meet sales goals and provide exemplary customer service.
- Provide On Tour Venues with customized timeline, marketing materials, guidelines and procedures. Post-event, request and track event data, and report on venue evaluations.
- Manage contract negotiations and administration, invoice tracking, filmmaker royalty payments, venue follow-up requests, and other administrative tasks.
- Develop and update On Tour marketing materials including brochures, website, etc.
- Work with an off-site production house to produce and ship program disks for each tour venue; manage distribution of "Event Kits".
- Assist in selection and solicitation of films for On Tour program with Film Festival Producer.
- Manage venue grant program for eligible host partners.
- Prepare bi-monthly reports for national partners; semi-annual reports for grantor; and annual program report.
- Other duties as assigned.
idealist.org - 20 months ago