In absence of management, responsible for the entire department, to include monitoring the front of the house, cashier area and daily team briefing. Responsible for follow up and follow through with the daily/weekly preparation, planning, and presentation of all menu items ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved. Supports Service Specialist by producing all related items to effectively service the hot line. Gives supervision and direction to Float Chef, Production Specialist, hot line, salad bar, and dish room staff. Takes pride in the overall appearance of kitchen and dining servery areas. Responsible to enforce departmental Best Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Leads by example.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees and assists with the efficient operation of the hot line production, hot line display, servery function and dish room area. Responsible for meal production to ensure hotline is set up by scheduled meal times.
2. Ensures the hot line and salad bar production staff follows standards for food production and proper food handling. Keeps Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Food & Nutrition Services Supervisor informed of all recipe concerns, to include suggestions for modifications. Ensures clear and concise direction is given to production staff resulting in quality production, service, sanitation and cleanliness of the dining room. Follows progressive cooking schedule for menu items.
3. Ensures clear and concise direction is given to stewards and temporary employees.
4. Maintains accurate menu rotation. Corrects recipes as needed. Makes suggestions to improve service and customer satisfaction. Provides recipes to menu planning options to ensure variety, taste and texture are included in overall daily choices to our customers. Responsible for following our better for you recipes to ensure that the nutritional integrity is not compromised. Ensures all meat is pulled and that meat prep and base menu are completed in a timely manner. Responsible for merchandising and display of products in assigned areas, to include meal maps and ensuring the serving lines are fresh and appealing at all times. Coaches staff in proper procedures. Follows up with staff and takes appropriate actions and documents when expectations are not met.
5. Responsible for monitoring food costs by ensuring over production and waste are kept to a minimum. Takes appropriate action to ensure products are consistent and food is always fresh and appealing by cooking to order and preparation. Communicates to Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef any assistance needs for production.
6. Assists and maintains the sanitation, cleanliness or orderliness of the production area to include hot line, servery line, and dish room. Keeps equipment shelves and small wares properly maintained and stored at all times.
7. Assists with hospitality/special events to include hospitality meal production, ensuring highest quality of products are prepared on time as directed by the Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef.
8. Reports all general maintenance and equipment malfunctions to Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef. Responsible to train and assist staff on the proper maintenance and use of equipment.
9. Assists and performs any combination of duties for subordinates to ensure that demand for athlete services is met.
10. Involved in development and implementation of training needs in assigned area. Coaches staff in proper procedures. On a quarterly basis, reports performance status of staff to Executive Chef.
11. Ensures and monitors that staff follows proper food holding/handling, temperature logging and has sanitation water at each station. Collects all production schedules and communicates with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef on assigned tasks.
12. Assists with opening and closing procedures, to include daily team briefing and to ensure service is offered on time and to minimize unnecessary overtime.
13. Responsible for communicating any FMD issues via Communication report.
14. Reports all incidents/accidents to Management immediately. Completes necessary documentation.
15. Takes initiative to suggest improvements to the operating format, communicates ideas about improving and maintaining standards in work area, and fills in as needed to assure efficient operations. Follows up and follows through on daily production/tasks lists to ensure completion and turns in paperwork at end of shift.
16. Follows policies and procedures of the USOC, OTC and the department. Complies with OSHA work and Health Department food safety regulations. Upholds USOC code of ethics.
17. Maintains a professional demeanor, punctual, neat and clean in appearance, shows respect for equipment, utensils, and supplies, shows pride in the department and in their work. Builds and maintains good working relationships with all members of Food & Nutrition Services, and Management team. Provides excellent customer service by demonstrating a “can do” and “my pleasure” outlook, flexible in approach, pleasant in manner, even tempered, friendly, cooperates with others, patient with unexpected change, helps tasks flow smoothly, is a team player. Contributes to a positive environment. Willingly supports department’s goals of providing World Class Service.
18. Embraces and supports Organization’s Olympic Culture and Key Behaviors.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Licensure & Certification:
- High School graduate or G.E.D., with ability to read, write and comprehend at 12th grade level.
- Valid driver’s license to operate department motor vehicles.
- ServeSafe certification required.
- Minimum 5 years experience as production chef/apprentice in quantity food production with knowledge of nutrition related food production.
- Minimum 3 years team leader experience with proven ability to lead and guide team members through daily assignments.
- Thorough knowledge of proper sanitation and safety practices as they relate to day-to-day responsibilities, and knowledge of Health Department regulations.
- Knowledge of proper use of chemicals. Follows OSHA regulations.
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Ability to read recipes and understand measurements.
- Ability to follow recipes to comply with nutritional information provided.
- Ability to read and/or write production schedules.
- Skilled in attractive presentation and display of food.
- Ability to effectively lead and guide a work team, demonstrating good communication skills. Ability to give direction and train others.
- Ability to lead by example and communicate effectively as a trusted team player.
- Organized and attentive to detail, ensuring all assignments are completed on time.
- Working computer skill level, to include database experience.
- Ability to display good customer service skill to both internal and external customers.
- Maintains confidentiality on USOC and department matters.
- Well groomed, always demonstrates good personal hygiene.
- Dependable, organized and demonstrated attention to detail. Completes all work assignments.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Dish Machine/Tray Carousel
Eye Wash Sink
Grab And Go Unit Grill
Hot Chocolate Machine
Mobile Tray/Dish Racks
Pasta Cooker Printer
Recovery Bar Unit
Reo – Sysco Handheld
Trash Can Cleaner
- Ability to work flexible schedule of various shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Adapt to change in a positive manner to support USOC Mission and its departments.
- Exposed to extreme temperature working conditions.
- Prolonged standing, minimal sitting.
- Various repetitive motions, including but not limited to bending, kneeling, and reaching. Ability to lift 50 pounds using the buddy system. Must wear safety-lift belt when lifting 50 lbs. or more, or when assigned repetitive lifting of over 20 lbs.
- Exposure to chemicals and use in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- Ability and desire to do whatever it takes to successfully meet USOC and department mission.
- Shared workspace.
- Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center
United States Olympic Committee - 19 months ago
Friendship, solidarity, and fair play are the watchwords for this sports organization. United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is the...