Job Title: Mfg Eng Supervisor
Supervises, leads, and provides technical direction to a group of technicians and/or engineers. Devotes a significant portion of time contributing to the technical responsibilities of the department.
- Assists manager in providing guidance and training to staff, developing subordinates to attain career goals, motivating individuals to achieve results, and recruiting and maintaining a high quality staff.
- Works with manager to establish department goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Assists manager to plan resource needs and hiring for department.
- Prioritizes and manages execution of multiple projects.
- Successfully completes manufacturing engineering project work on Value Improvement Process (VIP), Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects, or new product development.
- Leads engineering teams to the successful completion of project goals.
- Maintains and enhances cross-functional team relationships.
- Works cross-functionally in identifying and resolving production/engineering issues.
- Ensures policies and processes are followed.
- Represents manufacturing engineering in new product development teams.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Management / Equivalent Requirements
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives. Ability to coach/mentor engineers & technicians.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- Experience in SPC, 6 sigma, process flow, and other mfg competencies.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus 2-4 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...