Assistant Director for Graduate Admissions
The Office of Graduate Enrollment is currently seeking marketing-oriented candidates for a full-time position as Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions. The Assistant Director for Graduate Admissions reports to the Director of Graduate Admissions and will assist the office in all aspects of graduate enrollment based on stated policies, procedures, and goals of the college. Canisius is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States. The college has a strong commitment to excellence in education and diversity.
- Assist in the development, implementation and coordination of a strategic marketing and recruitment plan for graduate enrollment.
- Analyze research and assist in developing recruitment strategies utilizing social networking, multimedia, and other technologies related to graduate student recruitment and retention.
- Assist in coordination of on-campus/off-campus recruiting activities for all graduate programs.
- Travel to various recruiting events, admissions and community based events to market graduate programs to prospective students.
- Facilitate correspondence between prospective students, the faculty, and staff.
- Coordinate campus visits and tours; oversee visit logistics for prospective students.
- Interview prospective students; provide admissions and program information.
- Assist Canadian and other international students with the admission process.
- Evaluate applications and transcripts in order to recommend admission decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Master's degree is required; an MBA or similar business master's degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience working in admissions, recruitment, or enrollment management in a post-secondary setting or marketing experience is preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects is required.
- Excellent writing skills and attentiveness to detail are required.
- Outstanding oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate Canisius College's mission and programs with sincerity and enthusiasm are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management is required.
- Ability to travel and work evening hours is preferred.
- Valid New York State driver's license with a good driving record is required.
To apply, please email a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references to: Margaret McCarthy, PhD at email@example.com (please put GRAD ADMISS in the subject line of the email). Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit university, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.