Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups. Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
- Coordinates the installation of client department specific applications and systems. Determines appropriate method for installing applications and systems; resolves matters of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed.
- Installs, tests, upgrades and configures system files and services to enhance performance.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
- Two or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
- Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
- Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures
- 2+ years administering Linux Servers in a corporate environment
- U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Position is on-site in Groton, CT
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
- Communication skills for to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team