Under general supervision, but following existing policies and procedures as well as all applicable banking laws and regulations, including BSA and AML, is responsible for the input of all types of new and renewal loan information, posts loan payments, payoffs, reversals, and disbursements and processes paid loan files and the applicable collateral releases. Maintains loan integrity by completing file maintenance requests and reviewing daily and monthly reports. Has a strong working knowledge of all loan types and specific loan mechanics. Is available to serve customers and employees by answering more complex questions, explaining more complex loan information and solving problems with minimum supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Inputs all types of new and renewal loan information. This entails following procedures, using proper coding, and maintaining regular communication the loan processor. Must verify the accuracy of all data input the following day. (15% - E)
2. Must have a strong working knowledge of the loan posting system in order to effectively solve problems and reconcile outstanding items. Including posting loan transactions that cannot be posted with a coupon or ticket (i.e. payoff transactions, irregular payments, effective dated payments, reversals due to NSF or corrections, and loan disbursements). (15% - E)
3. Provide payoff quotes to customers and third parties. This may entail communicating with other departments to obtain accurate information. (10% - E)
4. Set up, maintain, and monitor automatic loan payments through the system. (10% - E)
5. Perform file maintenance on existing accounts as authorized/requested by the applicable loan officer, collection officer, immediate supervisor, customer, or report. Maintenance items include: address changes, change in terms of the loan and/or correction of inaccurate data. (10% - E)
6. Monitor and review assigned daily/monthly reports generated from system. Monitor suspense accounts and prepares releases of collateral on all paid-off loans that may require transaction postings and/or communication with the customer(s). (10% - E)
7. Routinely answers more complex customer, third party, and employee inquiries made by telephone, in writing, or in person. Requests include: loan balance inquiries, payment questions, explanation of loan terms, investigation and correction of problems and processing all correspondence (i.e. amortization schedules, history statements, coupon book orders, letters of explanation, etc). (25% - E)
8. Performs all other special projects, reports and duties as assigned. (5% - M)
Minimum Education & Other Requirements
Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. Must have at least 6 months+ experience as Loan Servicing Clerk I and/or relevant experience required. This includes a strong understanding of all loan types and loan documentation, basic accounting skills, excellent computer skills (especially word processing and data entry), excellent oral and written communication skills, and good customer service skills. A high school equivalency is required.
Great Southern Bank - 23 months ago
In 1923, Great Southern Bank was started with a $5,000 investment and has since grown to the company it is today. Our footprint spans six...