Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Job Description: As a platform validation SDET you are responsible for all validation activities leading to the successful delivery of high quality software and hardware platforms to both internal and external teams, customers/ODMs. Responsibilities include Windows-based tablet testing, debugging Si/Platform/FW/MW/drivers/Apps, and software engineering activities in support of expanding the reach and scope of our validation efforts. You will work in a team of system integration and validation engineers who are part of the MCG Platform Integration and Validation (PIV) team as well as sister integration teams that are based in Oregon, PRC and Bangalore. You will also be responsible for delivering talks, training and updates to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will be responsible for:
- Debugging both externally driven test failures (WHCK and PAC test suites) and internally generated test failures down to the Kernel/Firmware/BIOS level
- Creating and reviewing test plans and test strategies
- Designing, developing and maintaining test automation and supporting automation infrastructure
- Being the local expert on Intel and external debug tools and processes as well as providing training and documentation support
- Driving bugs to closure
- Adopting plans to accommodate changing requirements, program priority shifts and quality adjustments.
- Being the local expert on several tablet domains and knowledgeable on all domains (security, IO, comms, power management, USB, display, etc).
BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Equivalent
Must have 3+ years of experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Windows Logo Kit (WLK) or the Windows Hardware Certification Kit (WHCK)
- Test automation using a modern programming language like C, C++, or C#
- Platform level debug especially on mobile devices
- WDM/WDF Driver development or testing
Mar 7, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Intel's Mobile & Communications Group (MCG) needs high energy engineers to help drive next-generation tablet development. The successful candidate will have a critical role in launching Intel's Windows-based tablet roadmap and engaging with tier one and tier two OEMs and ODMs to accelerate their time-to-market. You will lead industry cutting edge mobile technologies; security, sensors, touch, compute continuum, energy management, connected standby, and others.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
45 years of changing the world.
Back in 1968, two scientists, Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore, founded Intel with a vision for...