Test Engineer – Mid Level
QED Systems, LLC, currently has an opening for a Test Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen, Maryland.
- Successful candidates will provide software engineering support to test and evaluate Military systems utilized by the US Army
- Successful candidates will write test procedures and execute tests to verify and validate the implementation of software tools
- Successful candidates will communicate software anomalies to the customer and developer
- Successful candidates will provide services to the customer at customer facilities with periodic travel required
- Successful candidate shall provide reports and presentation materials to the customer periodically
Successful candidates will possess skills in the following areas:
- Established experience in test procedure development and execution is required
- General software engineering experience, including experience in lifecycle software engineering, is preferred
- Experience developing automated test scripts with tools such as Rational Functional Tester or TestComplete, or experience with scripting languages in general, is strongly preferred
- Experience with the application of human factors within software engineering is preferred
- Experience with established DoD engineering and development concepts or Army systems engineering is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Army Battle Command systems is preferred
- Some experience with leadership in a supervisory role, able to lead a small team (3-5 people) and report on the team's activities.
- Candidates with 2 plus years experience will be considered.
- Some travel required within U.S.
- Your ability to maintain a security clearance from the US Dept of Defense
Successful candidates will also possess skills in the following areas:
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an engineering team
- Must have good inter-personal, writing, and verbal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be responsive to schedule and task deadlines
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Govt. and Contractors across multiple companies
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion
- Primary work location will be Aberdeen, MD
- Some limited travel required, Continental US only
- Bachelors of Science Degree is strongly desired
- Substitution of a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in lieu of technical degree will be considered
- QED offers a competitive compensation package for employees, salaries negotiable based on skill level and experience
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
QED Systems, LLC - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard