Under general supervision, to assist in providing direct client care by performing a variety of non-licensed nursing services; and to do related work as required.
RESPONSIBLE TO: QMRP with additional supervision by Program Coordinator (P.C.), Charge Nurse and RN Supervisor
• Dress residents in appropriate clothing, undress, and bathe residents.
• Pass meal trays and nourishments, and feed or assist to feed residents according to their tray cards.
• Position residents for comfort and to prevent skin pressure problems.
• Collect urine and fecal specimens as requested by Charge Nurse.
• Take and record vital signs as requested by Charge Nurse and take and record weights of residents as requested by Medical Record designee.
• Assist in maintaining resident rooms and program rooms, and any other work areas in a clean and sanitary order.
• Assist with transferring residents in and out of wheelchairs and adaptive equipment.
• Follow safe lifting techniques and individual resident lifting instructions and following the 2-person lift list.
• Assist residents to achieve pre-assigned programming goals and to increase their independence.
• Participate in the maintenance of safe conditions within the facility and other related areas at all times.
• Assist resident families as necessary providing them excellent customer service.
• Document all appropriate resident records before leaving shift daily.
• Assist residents to attend activities within the home and out of the facility.
• Attend staff meetings and required inservice training programs.
• Responsible for obtaining continuing education units (CEUs) for renewal of CNA certificate, renewing certificate in a timely fashion, and furnishing operation with a current CNA certificate.
• Inspect finger and toe nails routinely and trim as needed.
• Shave residents routinely.
• Provide effective and routine oral hygiene.
• Observe residents and report all changes in condition immediately to Charge Nurse. Document changes of condition on the back of the daily flow sheets.
• Learn training and behavior goals and objectives for the residents you are assigned.
• Follow habit training schedules and assist resident who wear briefs to remain clean and dry.
• Follow all operation and ResCare policies including but not limited to: dress code, attendance, safety, and reporting procedures.
• Participate in any and all tasks as directed by your supervisor.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Demonstrate knowledge of procedures and techniques in providing routine bedside care for residents. Demonstrate physical strength and endurance to accomplish job duties, especially transferring of residents.
- Demonstrate ability to establish effective relationship with clients, families, and team members. Possess a current certificate verifying completion of a state approved program.
Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities....