The Senior Accounting Analyst will be a proven, career focused leader within the Finance team and will possess a propensity for driving positive results and accountability throughout the company. As Senior Accounting Analyst, you will be responsible for U.S. manufacturing conversion cost & scrap reporting and analysis as well as various month-end closing duties. In this role you will have regular interaction with divisional finance leadership, plant controllers, and plant manufacturing leadership.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Review and recommend to management modifications to existing global / financial programs.
- Lead and influence key stakeholders to drive change that aligns with the organization’s objectives.
- Analyze and provide management with timely and accurate reports and reviews of the organization’s financial status and progress in its various activities.
- Maintain key account balance sheet analytics to meet the SOX requirements within your functional area.
- Lead and participate actively on cross functional teams to create and drive appropriate change within the organization.
- Have a significant role in the annual planning and budgeting process.
- Navigate and manage the financial processes in a global shared services environment to support North American, Asian and European operations.
Specific Duties and Challenges :
- Custodian over the North American conversion and scrap cost reporting, and analysis processes.
- Manage and prepare all monthly quick views and reconciliations related to U.S. Manufacturing transactions monthly.
- Prepare and manage the execution of monthly journal entry and allocation process for U.S. and Corporate.
- Control and coordinate all communications associated with the U.S. and Corporate annual overhead expense budgeting process and drive global adherence to annual budget policies.
- Manage month end allocation distribution process for Corporate expenses across the business units.
- Expected to make independent decisions or supported recommendations on non-routine items.
- Contribute to the annual standard cost setting and budgeting processes.
- Interact with and advise external and internal auditors.
- May be expected to perform duties other than those specified within this description.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
Minimum of 4 years of progressive accounting experience
Must have excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Access
2-4 years' experience in a manufacturing accounting environment is preferred
CPA, CMA, MBA, and SAP experience
Cooper Tire & Rubber is a real wheeler dealer. The company is the fourth-largest tire manufacturer in North America (behind the likes...