Technical Writer/Editor 3
L-3 is a leading supplier of communications and specialized products and services to the US Department of Defense, intelligence agencies, federal civilian agencies, state and local governments, foreign governments, and major aerospace and defense prime contractors.
L3 STRATIS has an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Writer. The Technical Writer will be responsible for all documentation produced for the customer. The Technical Writer will work in concert with analyst and technicians to ensure products are clear, accurate, and professional.
Specifically, the Technical Writer will:
- Determine the scope and timeline of new documentation projects in order to plan projects.
- Coordinates document project plans and determines necessary resources, etc.
- Interviews analysts, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel.
- Assists in establishing or updating style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet customer needs.
- Conduct quality review of materials.
We offer a competitive benefits package to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, technical writing or related field preferred
- Four or more years of technical writing experience
- Should be familiar with the information technology (IT) profession
- Experience working with Air Force and DoD writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Well-versed in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of tools primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...