Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Posted Date 2/21/2013
Cost Center 025 Category Engineering
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator how can work in a dynamic environment. you will be responsible for designing and implementing both internal and external customer-facing systems that run a variety of Linux Operating Systems.
About the Team
The team is a global group of highly technical engineers and systems administrators that support Akamai’s Corporate Linux and storage environments.
- Provide on-going administration and Tier3 support of Unix (Solaris) and Linux (Red Hat, Debian) systems.
- Act as an escalation point for the operations team and helpdesk for support issues.
- Perform remote software installations; patch software/OS; troubleshoot connectivity problems.
- Provide updates and enhances to the Akamai Linux Desktop program.
- Create and enhance internal OS deployment tools and processes
- Automate audits of system configuration settings throughout infrastructure to ensure adherence to standards.
- Use our system resource utilization and monitoring tools to identify potential problem areas before they result in incidents.
- Perform production system changes.
- Work with other team members to monitor and review system capacity and design upgrade path’s.
- Create packages and patches for distribution to internal servers and desktops.
- Scripting with Perl and Shell
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar technicall discipline.
- Overall Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in Linux/Unix administration.
- 2+ years of experience writing systems documentation and procedures;
- 2+ years of experience with operating system commands/utilities on Linux (Red Hat, Debian) and/or SUN Solaris.
- 2+ years of experience with job control, soft and hard links, kernel and the user environment.
- 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following: DNS, DHCP, PXE boot and/or TCP/IP routing.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting skills system performance and connectivity issues.
- 2+ years programming experience in Perl and Shell scripting.
- 1+ year of experience with Xwindows and/or Gnome experience.
- 1+ year of experience with Jumpstart and Kickstart.
- 1+ year of experience with building and deploying RPM and Deb packages.
- Programming experience in C or C++.
- Familiarity with Active Directory integration.
- Familiarity with Oracle Linux distribution.
- Familiarity with Kerberos authentication.
- Experience with NFS Version 4 production.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- A disciplined approach to change management processes.
- A can-do and enthusiastic attitude toward work and customers.
- A well organized self-starter who delivers assigned work on schedule while managing multiple tasks under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Akamai - 23 months ago