We have an immediate opening for a part-time Delinquency Control Specialist.|
- Reviews delinquent accounts to determine actions to be taken and initiates appropriate follow-up activity, maintaining on-line chronological records of all facts, information developed and actions taken.
- Determines reason for delinquency and establishes an equitable payment arrangement enlisting the cooperation of the member, tracking member
- 's compliance to revised payment schedule. Counsels and assists members in the reduction and elimination of delinquent loan accounts. Provides in-depth productive and remedial financial counseling needed. Analyzes information in the member's record, decides what action will be taken and selects a method for effecting that action.
- Contacts third parties such as relatives of the delinquent member, employers, personnel officers, creditors, or credit bureaus for the purpose of determining whereabouts of the member.
- Performs skip tracing activities as necessary.
- Prepares extension agreements and legal documents for refinancing of delinquent loans after receiving appropriate approval.
- Takes appropriate action to repossess vehicles with authorization of Unit Supervisor, following proper notification procedures.
- Maintains records of all daily activities and reports to the Unit Supervisor.
- Processes writs of attachments on members
- ' funds of deposit.
Special Requirements : Associates degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions. One to two years' work experience as a collector required, preferably at a financial institution.
- Understanding of preventative, productive and remedial financial counseling, required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills required.
- Availability to work overtime periodically.
We can offer you:
- Challenging intellectual environment that requires both individual contribution and team collaboration.
- Company paid short- and long-term disability coverage.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Generous education assistance program.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses.
- Immediate enrollment in 401(k) plan with company match (100% of first 4% you contribute) after 6 months on the job.
No security clearance is required. You must be bondable and pass a credit check.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: m/f/v/d
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago