Reporting to the VP, eCommerce, the Merchandising Manager serves a critical, central role in the success of the business unit. This highly visible position represents eCommerce in a cross-functional capacity. Successful candidates will have five or more years of technology or internet-related business experience, show a thorough understanding of the commerce business cycle, have an exceptional track record of detail-oriented work product, and demonstrate and exceptional ability to perform under tight deadlines in a high pressure work environment.
Sympoz is a well-funded start-up company based in Denver, CO. The company provides a unique online learning and training platform. The company’s proprietary technology replicates the classroom experience through time-based tracking of student-teacher interactions, and increasingly rich community-generated content. Founded in 2010, Sympoz leadership has substantial Internet experience with companies such as eBay and ServiceMagic.
Qualified candidates must have
Daily responsibilities and job requirements
- College degree or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience in Internet, technology, online commerce and a thorough understanding hosted web-based applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of retail product cycle
- Demonstrated success in simultaneously managing multiple detail-oriented projects
- Direct experience executing internet merchandising and marketing campaigns
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Experience with data collection, manipulation and reporting including a strong working knowledge of spreadsheet functionality and database structures.
- History of increased responsibility, accountability and successful promotion and achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of cross-functional teams and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
This position is available immediately. Interested candidates should contact with eCom Merchandising Manger in the subject line.
- Coordination and implementation of daily email marketing campaigns for ecommerce business unit.
- Manage creation of online merchandise listings including writing descriptive copy and creating a compelling sales experience for the customer.
- Work with ecommerce Logistics team to guarantee product specifications and availability,
- Provide sales and fulfillment data and reports to VP and eCommerce team.
- Represent ecommerce function in a cross-functional marketing capacity.
- Act as liaison to product development team regarding ecommerce product development requirements.
- Work Customer Support to resolve merchandising and marketing related issues.
- Other responsibilities as required by department and company
JobHost - 3 years ago