The Senior Experience Designer is a subject matter expert in the field of multi-channel experience design and usability analysis and brings analytical strategic leadership to every project. This person works across a variety of clients, sometimes on a consultant basis to the rest of the team and sometimes taking lead, and possesses excellent communication and leadership skills. As a leader within the Experience Architecture (XA) team, this individual collaborates and brings together key internal partners including Strategy & Analytics, Engagement, as well as related Creative resources in order to meet or exceed clients’ business objectives.
- Expert understanding of the user-centered, multi-channel design process with hands-on experience in all stages of the design process: collaborate to influence brand strategy - > Site Objectives / User Needs - > Functional Specs / Content Requirements - > IA / Interaction Design - > Information Design - > Visual Design
- Develop multi-channel strategies that support client business needs and optimize experience design
- Work as a bridge between Strategy & Analytics, Digital and Creative groups, to flow insights (brand, user research, analytics) into content strategies, feature sets, IA, and navigation designs
- Responsible for facilitating user studies in task-based tests and prototyping environments to validate design recommendations
- Strong understanding of Web/Mobile Standards, Cross Browser Support, and Web Accessibility
- Provides XA leadership and counsel to the agency and its clients
- Provides guidance and mentorship to junior Experience Architect team members
C. External Responsibilities
- Very strong communication skills in written, interpersonal, and presentation forms.
- Comfortable speaking in front of small and large audiences, and able to read a room.
- Is able to develop and deliver persuasive thinking.
- Provides clarity, inspiration, and direction to the multi-channel experiences we’re creating.
Is an ambassador for Periscope whenever engaged with clients or attending and/or participating in outside/design community events or discussions.
Conducts informational interviews.
Records expenses and billable time completely and accurately on a weekly basis. Adheres to Periscope policies and procedures as outlined in the Periscope Handbook.
Maintains high professionalism in all internal and external communication, including e-mail and voicemail correspondence, etc.
Maintains confidential treatment of proprietary client information. Skills
Excellent creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
Demonstrated ability to handle high stress situations with effective results.
Unparalleled attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability to think objectively and provide objective rationale and feedback.
Communicates clearly, simply and effectively.
Is confident and humble, decisive and patient.
Adjusts and adapts to the ever changing multi-channel world.
Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right and willingly develops ideas of others.
Exhibits passion for their work and the principles of design.
Demonstrated ability to think objectively and handle and deliver criticism.
Is flexible—adjusts to change.
Makes and keeps commitments.
Consistently delivers against demanding and compressing timelines.
Working knowledge of CSS, HTML, web standards, cross browser support, accessibility, etc.
Working knowledge of design tools: photoshop, illustrator, etc.
Expert knowledge of IA and site mapping tools. Experience
B.F.A or BS in Humanities, Anthropology, Sociology, or Information Systems preferably from a design-centric institution.
7+ years of professional experience in the user experience discipline
Periscope US - 19 months ago