Clearing is a major function of CME Group. Clearing of OTC products is a key growth area for the company.
The OTC clearing and risk technology team is recruiting for a Lead Software Engineer to contribute towards the continued development of our clearing and risk management solution.
The position requires:
- architectural analysis, design and development of Java applications to support cleared OTC products
- interaction with business users and QA to analyze requirements and develop test plans
- working with support teams for change control
- taking responsibility for significant portions of the application
- working with the business users of the system (internally and externally)
The ideal candidate will :
The position with CME offers opportunities to learn an important business domain, new technologies and to work with various IT teams to learn and develop new skills.
- be a highly motivated inbdividual capable of adapting to change in a fast-paced environment
- have substantial levels of demonstrable object oriented software development experience
- possess strong practical SQL experience preferably in Oracle
- have substantial experience using and deploying applications in a Unix/Linux environment
- have solid demonstrable enterprise integration experience
- have solid demonstrable Spring experience
- have excellent communication skills
- have financial product knowledge--interest rates in particular is preferred but not essential
- have previous Calypso experience.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.