College Placement Director
Position Description: DSST Public Schools seeks a College Placement Director who is dedicated to ensuring that 100% of DSST’s graduating seniors receive acceptance into four-year college. DSST is seeking a highly motivated and relentless leader who will continue to strengthen our relationships with colleges and ensure that all students submit applications successfully to the colleges they choose to apply.
DSST Public Schools Overview:
DSST Public Schools is a network of high performing 6-12 charter schools in Denver, Colorado. Since its inception in 2004, the Denver School of Science and Technology has boasted the highest performance and growth in Denver Public Schools, as well as a 100% college acceptance rate for our first three classes. The success of this network has gained attention from both President Obama, when DSST was recognized as one of three finalists in the Commencement Challenge, and by Oprah Winfrey, who awarded DSST one million dollars as one of six top charter networks nationally.
DSST Public School has a national reputation of excellence for its student achievement, innovative use of data and assessment, brain-based teaching and learning, school culture and use of technology. As we expand our network from six schools, serving over 2000 students to ten schools, serving 4200 students, we are looking for talented leaders to help us double the number of college graduates in Denver Public Schools.
Responsibilities : Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Experience Required: The position requires strong writing and communication skills, a relentless work ethic, initiative, and a commitment to perform at the highest level, and a demonstrated record of success in college placement.
- Ensuring 100% of DSST’s graduating classes are accepted into four-year college
- Creating and implementing systems to ensure all students submit strong and complete applications to a range of colleges
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with liaisons on college campuses in Colorado and nationally
- Seeking out relationships with financial aid and scholarship organizations
- Supporting juniors preparing for college entrance exams and college credit exams and managing the process of signing students up for exams
- Serve as site coordinator for PSAT, ACT and AP testing
- Researching opportunities for financial aid for students and families
- Communicating opportunities for financial aid to students
- Supporting students and families through the college application and acceptance cycle
- Educating parents and student supporters to ensure they are able to support their student through the college and financial aid application process
- Ensuring compliance will all confidentiality standards for college placement
- Maintain College Counseling best practices as definite by NACAC
- Administer and continue to develop resources for first Generation Families
The Denver School of Science and Technology - 4 months ago