The purpose of this role is to assign accountability for the end-to-end Supply Chain Quality Processes. This position is responsible for the analysis and interpretation of commercial corn quality results, characterization of commercial corn inventory, and inventory movements in R/3 based on quality information. Participate in variance requests and recalls to the Business Units teams. Review, analyze and respond to customer service call information and requests. Identify issues, initiate corrective actions and maintain regular communications with multiple groups internally and externally. Develop and implement consistent business process improvements and systems that enhance Supply Chain Inventory Management’s ability to effectively execute supply estimation and communication process. Capability to manipulate data to interpret supply and demand signals to help accurately estimate inventory available for sales.
Monitor data relating to seed quality and supply in SAP R/3 system. Analyze supply issues. Help review and maintain ISO9000 processes.
This position will also coordinate the frequent compilation and distribution of the quality and inventory information to business managers, production locations, and logistics partners. Identify and develop consistent business process improvements and systems that enhance Supply Planning and Logistics ability to develop and execute plans for all product lines. Improve the integration of the supply process with the processes of other departments within Pioneer. Duties/Responsibilities Evaluate commercial corn quality for suitability for sales. Review inventory characterization again current allocation to determine the ability to meet current and future sales demand. Review Quality concerns entered by location and respond to the concerns. Participate in commercial recall and variance processes with the Business Units. Work with Account Managers and others in reviewing and answering customer service calls. Work with the production locations and seed labs to ensure testing is occurring in a timely and accurate manner. Convey deadlines for work to locations. Provide guidance to locations on data integrity regarding supply in R/3. Develop processes to monitor inventory accuracy. Ensure supply meets Business Unit Market Specifications.
Develop process improvements related to supply/demand and risk management models and provide system support to production locations. Produce and distribute plans and reports that outline production strategies/risks, seed quality, available to sell quantities, and distribution plans.
Team with Analysts to evaluate and draw conclusions from supply and demand information. Provide business and technical link between Segmented and Inventory functional teams. Education and Experience - Bachelors degree in Supply Chain or Ag related fields or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Knowledge of agriculture and seed production. 2-3 years of Ag related experience. Working knowledge of Access, Excel, SAP R/3. Working knowledge of, or ability to learn, data analysis and statistical tools.
- Have the ability to work with team members, location personnel, and internal business contacts. -- Must be able to work within a multitask environment.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to provide training for proper use of systems. Competencies - Supply Chain looks for solid agronomic or production plant experience/knowledge plus some analytical skills. Knowledge or use of R/3 is very desirable. These positions focus on meeting quality requirements and inventory control.
- Innovative thinking with solid information management, statistical/analytical skills, process integration skills, and the ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. One of the...