Open To All Qualified Applicants
Exciting opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
Developmenteal Disabilities Assistant / Community Resource Coordinator Needed.
Position is located in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains in Blairsville, GA
- Under direct supervision, assist individuals with Developmental Disabilities in basic daily living skills.
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for clients.
- Observes and monitors client's behavior, charts and reports observations and incidents.
- Provides training of basic personal and social skills, simple academics, or work skills to clients in residence, group home, or supported employment environment.
- May assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
- Keep accurate documentation of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Will facilitate client community involvement.
- Remain aware of changes in the behavior and physical condition of clients, arranging for needed services to assure appropriate care is obtained.
- Carry out a person-centered Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Assist with meal preparation, ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
- Must be willing and able to:
- assist clients in the use of toilet/bathroom
- change diapers of child, adolescent, or adult clients
- be fingerprinted and have background checked through the FBI and other law enforcement agencies
- have dependable transportation
- use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport clients
- work with developmentally disabled clients
- work alone with a group of three developmentally disabled clients
- transport clients as needed
- visit clients in their homes
- assist physically disabled adults
Miracle Workers - 14 months ago