Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: (Strategic Intent)
- Accountable for building and growing our North American e-Commerce business, in service to our brand/business objectives, to industry leading position, working closely with North American brand leaders, U.S. and Canada VPGM’s and Digital/Ecommerce COE
- The incumbent is accountable for the ecommerce channel P&L (customer definition), ensuring delivery of results by driving sales, contribution and market share for the three business platforms – Baby/Child Care, Family Care, and Adult/Feminine Care.
- The incumbent represents North America (U.S. and Canada) on the Global Ecommerce Team
- The incumbent drives enterprise focus for U.S. ecommerce business, integrates multiple teams/functions, and mobilizes resources to support business objectives.
- Represents and drives the ecommerce channel in all existing KC processes through interface between customer teams, Digital/Ecommerce COE, Shopper Marketing, Agency, Sales Strategy Teams, Supply Chain and Brand teams.
- Builds capability for U.S. in ecommerce, in collaboration with Digital/Ecommerce COE and drives innovation in ecommerce for U.S. market.
The Director of Ecommerce, reports directly to the Shopper Marketing and Business Development leader, with dotted line reporting into the Global Director of Ecommerce and VP U.S. Consumer Sales. In this role, the incumbent will interact with:
• L3/L4/L5 Business Unit leaders, Customer Development leaders/VPGM’s, Brand Champions
• Digital/Ecommerce COE leaders and personnel
• Global Analytics leader and personnel
• Integrated Mktg Communications leader/personnel
• Brand team marketing personnel
• Sales Strategy Leaders and teams
• Shopper marketing and Digital agencies
• Global ecommerce leaders across various regions and countries
• Key contacts within retail partners (ecommerce-focused)
• Supply Chain leaders and teams
• Develops winning Ecommerce strategies with brand teams, and pulls and integrates global best practices/models from global e-Commerce team to implement/scale in U.S.
• Own and manage Channel P&L, defined as sales and contribution margin.
• Works in collaboration with brand teams and other functions to ensure strong multi-year business plans to achieve share targets.
• Integrate ecommerce perspective into key business processes – brand planning, IMP, AOP and IMF.
• Seeks out and interprets key trends in ecommerce, in order to drive necessary focus and innovation for business growth.
• Maintains strong collaborative partnerships with key groups and functions such as Digital/Ecommerce COE, Sales Strategy Teams, Brand Champions, Shopper Marketing and Digital Agencies, Supply Chain, Global Analytics
• Develops relationships with key external thought leaders and suppliers such as Google and Facebook to develop context and expertise for Kimberly-Clark
• Helps develop and ensure DPSM (distribution, pricing, shelving, merchandising) and Digital Shelf are executed well across all businesses, working with brand leaders.
• Develops and executes strong shopper marketing programs to support business objectives, working closely with brand teams and designated agencies.
• Builds talent within the Ecommerce team through a strong program of recruitment, retention, engagement and capability development.
• Represents U.S. Ecommerce Team at key customer meetings (driving Indispensable Partner) and works with sales leaders on development of customer strategic plans; 1-year AOPs; customer trading strategies, channel plans and brand launch plans
• Establish business reporting / KPI’s to ensure progress against objectives.
• Partner with digital COE to develop/execute programs utilizing CRM against defined metrics
SCOPE OF ROLE:
• Manages gross sales of ecommerce business, with significant growth anticipated over next 5-10 years.
• While focus is U.S., this role will represent U.S. and Canada on Global team.
• Extensive cross-functional influence and leadership required
• Approximately 4-6 direct reports
• Bachelor Degree required and MBA preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in the marketing and sales space
• 5-7 years of experience working with ecommerce/digital thought leaders such as Amazon, Google, or Walmart.com.
• 5-7 years of experience with CPG or related industry, including strong knowledge of sales channels (Food//Drug/MM/Club) and interactions and brand building components, in particular digital space.
• Strong ability to work effectively in matrix environment.
• Track record of success.
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the...