The Technical Manager - Corporate Digital Services is responsible for management and delivery of technical services for Sentara's corporate portal, collaboration and identity management solutions. Responsibilities include: planning and development of technical solutions to align with business needs, providing guidance for system architecture, participation in PMOs and workgroups, management and oversight of IT engineers, resources and projects, technical support for IT and business customers across the enterprise, managing assigned budgets, vendors, contract negotiation and service level agreements.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or a field related or relevant years of experience.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years IT experience. Minimum of 5 years IT project management and/or implementation experience.
Licensure/Certifications: PMP desirable
- Able to manage and motivate IT professionals.
- Strong consulting and negotiation skills.
- Able to control project plans, costs and implementation.
- Ability to conduct or participate RFP, RFI, contracting and other procurement processes.
- Able to assess and interpret business requirements and translate to technical solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced, creative environment.
- Strong customer service, communication, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated management experience, personnel and/or system (3+ years)
- Demonstrated IT project management experience (5+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and contribute as a member of diverse teams composed of business and technical staff.
- Technical expertise with SharePoint installation, configuration and support (including version 2007, 2010) (5+ years)
- Demonstrated knowledge of web content management skills
- Experience managing Windows Server Environments, .Net Application Environments, User and Identity Management systems
- Knowledge of healthcare environment and processes is desirable.
- In IT: Direct reports, Managers, Directors, VP’s, CIO, Developers, System Administrators
- Outside of IT: Business Unit Managers and Directors, vendors, consultants
Sentara - 18 months ago
Health care's a beach for Sentara Healthcare. The not-for-profit organization operates a network of hospitals and other health...