Title: Customer Relationship Associate – DB&R
About Iron Mountain
Founded in 1951 and headquartered in Boston, Iron Mountain (NYSE symbol IRM) is an S&P 500 company and a member of the Fortune 1000 (currently ranked: 643) with around $3 billion in revenue.
Iron Mountain is the market leader in information management services and counts 97% of the Fortune 1000 as its clients. The company assists more than 140,000 organizations in over 30 countries on five continents with storing, protecting and managing their information. Its knowledge and reputation for security have combined to make it the world’s leading provider of:
Data back-up and recovery
Iron Mountain helps organizations reduce costs, risks and inefficiencies in managing their physical and digital data. Its solutions enable customers to protect and better use their information—regardless of its format, location or lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery.
Customers have put their trust with Iron Mountain. The company safely stores some of the world’s most valuable historical artifacts, cultural treasures, business documents and medical records. It currently safeguards and provides access to more than 440 million cubic feet of records and 75 million computer backup tapes, and the list is growing. To properly protect and render this information, Iron Mountain employs almost 20,000 professionals and boasts an unrivaled infrastructure that includes 3,500 vehicles, 10 data centers and more than 1,000 facilities.
Iron Mountain is one of the most successful roll-ups in history with a unique business that benefits from a 90% recurring revenue model. It is now at critical point in its own evolution and growth as the company looks to scale and further develop best-in-class capabilities. Consequently, the company is seeking to attract exceptional leadership talent to help transform Iron Mountain and fuel its growth in both core and future businesses.
The Customer Relationship Associate (CRA) is a phone- based role that manages the relationships for an assigned set of high revenue, high complexity Iron Mountain customers to ensure continued revenue, customer satisfaction with service and IM programs, as well as position new solutions designed for further growth. The CRA, by being knowledgable about their specific market segment, will represent Iron Mountain’s information management value proposition and educate customers about business relevant solutions. Proactively manage customer programs through new opportunity identification, upsell execution, renewal strategy, and issue management to enable growth. This position will cocus on customer loyalty by providing proactive solutions to meet customer needs while uncovering and selling new opportunities for revenue growth and quota attainment. The CRA is the primary customer contact and will manage and maintain relationships current.
The CRA’s increases the IRM footprint with assigned accounts through the following key objectives:
- Builds and maintains customer relationships to understand the organizational business objectives and goals. Partners with key customer decision maker(s) to structure partnership (s) strategy as it relates to customer requirements (new sales opportunities, service level expectations, training of IM solutions, FBR structure/timetable). Ensures frequent communication to enable superior customer satisfaction and to keep customer educated on emerging industry trends related to customer’s organizational information management needs. Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement.
Contract Renewals and Negotiations:
- Assesses assigned customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate Iron Mountain products and solutions. The CRA is responsible to developmentstrategies and business plans through understanding the clients; business model, planning and decision making channels from understanding the customer's value proposition and ability to explain how they differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Assists in the positioning of alternative ways of creating the real value of IRM’s total solution offerings for clients through their relationship and customer support.
- The CRA is responsible for key account selling activities including detailed responses to RFP’s, tracking activity in SFDC, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of IRM product offerings. Primary objective within assigned account territory will be to grow the overall Book of Business by a specific assigned percentage.
- The CRA is the primary owner of contract renewals and negotiations. Partners with the customer on renewals and work through any RFP process by identifying gaps in current contract in place and understanding customer needs in order to successfully renew the contract. Partner with other Iron Mountain departments as necessary. Negotiate pricing and SLA as appropriate to drive customer retention strategy. May be required to perform customer needs and service analysis, make recommendations on appropriate pricing structure and contract requirements, communicate pricing programs, and contribute to RFP responses. Responsible to identify through relationships and reporting accounts that are at risk to terminate and drive strategy to retain those accounts.
Customer Experience and Escalations:
- Responsible for final account profitability through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on time outcome from a pricing, profitability, liability, operational, and SLA perspective for accounts. Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity, securing resources and driving sales process to assist in scoping and pricing for special projects within assigned accounts.
- Identifies and facilitates resolution of any customer issues that are roadblocks to customer satisfaction. Responsible for researching escalated service and billing issues to ensure all appropriate actions by other parties are being taken to resolve issue and ensure follow through until closure and complete customer satisfaction. Facilitate customer ad-hoc requests such as reports, audits, tours and analysis.
- Conduct analysis such as customer needs analysis, service or solution gap analysis, compliance assessments and customer issue trends. Identify risks and perform root cause analysis and lead action in directing internal and external teams in issue resolution/corrective actions. Communicate service suggestions to customer for the most advantageous services and provide insight as to business/industry trends that may be applicable.
- Facilitate account terminations including identifying reason for closure, defining possible solutions to customer issues to lead to retention, negotiating account closure procedures and prices (if retention efforts are not successful).
Functional Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
Business Expertise: This role is required to have general business acumen and understand IM’s solution offerings and its competitive environment. This role requires a deep understanding of IM’s services, programs, workflows, systems and processes across all lines of business and an understanding of the procedures of other departments.
- Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of strategic account management, sales process and solution selling.
- Must have the ability to identify customer need and translate customer need into solution requirements.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to partner, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to make decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company.
- Ability to team effectively at all levels of IMRM and customer personnel (to include C-level) on a wide range of topics and issues.
- Individual must have 4 years minimum successful experience in a “customer-facing”, service and sales oriented position .
- Should have extensive experience in assigned vertical.
- Proven experience building internal and external customer relationships, navigating across an organization and growing current customer business base through internal partnerships.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information...