Primary Objective of Position:
Under moderate supervision, manages routine engineering projects or component(s) of a medium project / program. Responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, close). Responsible for the overall scope, schedule, and financial management of the project. Ensures that customer and company quality requirements are satisfied. Responsible for effectively defining the role and function of each team member, and for effectively coordinating the activities of the team. Provides leadership to project team.
Essential Job Functions:
· Facilitate requirements management process, ensuring engineering traceability to customer requirements, identifying constraints and assumptions and communicating to project stakeholders.
· Develop project plan, identify stakeholders.
· Work with resource owners to identify cross-functional team members and resource plan.
· Define project activities, estimate resource utilization and establish project schedule.
· Determine and manage project budget, analyze project profitability and return throughout the project lifecycle.
· Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan reflective of authorized project changes.
· Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
· Manage team and execute project in accordance with stage gate process and applicable internal procedures and methods.
· Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
· Ensure team performance by leading, mentoring, training, motivating, and celebrating.
· Identify, prioritize and mitigate project risks.
· Prepares and delivers project presentations at stage gate and PEP reviews, steering committees and in other forums as appropriate.
Requires a working knowledge of project management principles and practices, and a proven ability to lead cross-functional project teams.
4+ years related experience, in which a good working knowledge of standard project management principles, tools, and processes has been obtained.
BS Engineering or equivalent.
Physical Demands: N/A
Additional Company Information
Micro Motion, headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, is an international company with manufacturing facilities in Colorado, The Netherlands, Mexico, and China. Our computer controlled flow lab, modern R&D labs, and efficient production lines demonstrate our dedication to Coriolis technology and to making the highest quality products.
Micro Motion, Inc. is a division of Emerson Process Management, the largest process instrumentation supplier in the world. We offer an extensive line of Coriolis and density products that measure fluids and gases.
Experience the Rewards
Micro Motion offers a wide range of benefits to all full-time employees, including:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Profit sharing retirement plan
- Employee savings plan
- Tuition assistance
- Employee discounts on a wide range of goods and services
- 10 paid holidays/year
- Paid vacation
Who May Apply
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Micro Motion's policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law
Emerson - 16 months ago