Technical Support Engineer - NYC
NOTE: This position is based out of our NYC office. Candidates must be willing to commute into the office daily.
Resolve incoming customer cases in a timely and effective manner to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and success: 80%
* Provide expert technical and product support to our customers.
* Respond promptly and professionally to customer issues received via telephone, email, web, & internal escalations.
* Participate in StrongMail's community help and support forums.
* Consult with customer to provide best solutions for complex problems or requests.
* Document each customer incident in support tracking system in a clear, concise, and understandable format.
* Create test cases or work with customer to provide exact means to reproduce customer issues.
* Create bug reports and interact with Engineering team on product defects.
* Escalate any unresolved customer issue to appropriate resources and seek timely resolution.
* Provides customers with step-by-step instructions; contributes information to new training development programs.
* Mentor teammates on areas of expertise.
* With other team members, provide phone support coverage from 9 AM to 11 AM Eastern time.
Continually search for ways to improve customer experience with StrongMail: 20%
* Contribute to technical reviews within Engineering.
* Improves documentation and other customer resources by recommending changes in on-line and hard-copy documentation.
* Improves product performance by identifying persistent problems; recommending changes; forwarding information to product development staff.
* Recommends new methods of responding to and resolving customer issues.
* Add to and maintain internal and external knowledgebase.
Required Skills & Experience
* Extreme customer focus
* In-depth knowledge of SMTP protocol and email delivery systems (sendmail, qmail, exchange, etc.).
* Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix OS, preferably RedHat/CentOS.
* Strong knowledge of system administration, including networking.
* Experience with shell scripting, PostgreSQL, and Apache Tomcat.
* Application development experience using Perl, C++, SQL, XML.
* Technical skills in enterprise software troubleshooting.
* Excellent communication, presentation, organization and time-management skills.
* Experience with international character set handling/encoding is a plus.
* Incident or escalation management experience in an enterprise environment is a plus.
Minimum Job Requirements
* Education: Minimum B.S degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience as a Senior Technical Support Engineer, most of which should have been spent in a customer facing role.
* Support Engineer will report to the Director of Support.
StrongMail Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
STRONGVIEW - 18 months ago
StrongMail Systems, Inc., the innovation leader in digital messaging, is the only company that solves the email challenge at its core,...