ability, and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications [i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc...) and WordPerfect Office Suite.
- Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted with the approval of the COTR. At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; *Trial experience.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support (i.e. Concordance or CaseMap).
- Requires sound working knowledge of legal system, legal research procedures and sources of information.
- Requires excellent analytic
1801 California Street.
- Experience with litigation tools such as Sanction, CaseMap and Concordance, extremely desirable.
- Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing,database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications. *Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of small office items.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. Desired skills *Active security clearance, preferred. Specific Job Description This position is in support of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) at the Regional Office located in Denver, CO at
The Employee will provide Paralegal Support to the Investigative Staff.
Responsibilities/Duties are as follows but not limited to:
The Employee should have experience with the above listed responsibilities. Standard Job Description Paralegal/Legal Assistant II Security Clearance Public Trust Typical Minimums NA LMCareers Business Unit ESS0997 IS&GS-CIVIL (S8200) Business Area Info Systems & Global Sol Program Mega 3 (SEC) Department 7254024:BPS - SCA Labor Pool Job Class Legal Job Category Hourly/Non-Exempt City Denver State Colorado Virtual No Relocation Available No Work Schedule STANDARD-Mon-Fri/8 hours a day Req Type Blue Sky Direct/Indirect Direct Shift First
- Establish and maintain case files, including use of electronic database and document management software including Concordance
- Enter data into computerized systems
- Obtain, organize and maintain documents in electronic and hard copy formats
- Review and summarize documents
- Conduct research using various sources of references, electronic databases and the Internet
- Create and maintain spreadsheets and other summaries of financial and other data
- Review case materials to become familiar with issues
- Interview potential witnesses and prepare summary interview reports for attorney review
- Prepare and organize trial exhibits for testimony and depositions
- Verify citations and legal references on prepared legal documents
- Prepare summaries of testimony and depositions
- Draft non-legal memoranda, research reports and correspondence relating to cases
- Copy documents
- Transition investigative cases to the trial unit
- Prepare and file pleadings in administrative and district court actions
- Assist Attorneys in drafting pleadings and coordinate upcoming depositions
- Assist with evidentiary presentations for trial by creating pretrial files, preparation of jury instructions, serving as witness coordinator and closing out litigation cases.
- Assist with court presentation needs (Power point and Sanction)
- Perform other related duties, as necessary.
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 20 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...