The Right of Way Agent 1 performs research, document preparation and acquisitions pertaining to property rights on projects of easy to moderate complexity. The person will typically work under the supervision of a Senior Right of Way Agent and will report to the Acquisition and Permitting Manager, although some tasks may be assigned with limited supervision.
- Meets with the public, its representatives and government agencies to explain purpose of projects and to negotiate the acquisition of land rights of easy to moderate complexity such as easements, licenses and land use agreements.
- Researches property records to determine record ownership, chain of title and reveal other interests of record that may affect interests being acquired.
- Interprets legal descriptions, survey plats, easements and other land related documents.
- Analyzes project corridors to identify property ownership and lands necessary to complete construction projects.
- Prepares written reports documenting negotiations and other pertinent information relating to the acquisition process.
- Assists with preparation of market analysis to determine real estate values and calculations of just compensation.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- 2+ years right of way acquisition experience
- 1+ year title research experience
- High School diploma or equivalent GED or 8 years of Right of Way Agent experience
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with the public, clients, project team and outside contractors verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction and/or right of way drawings such as route maps, plan and profiles, sections & elevations.
- Basic understanding of real estate appraisals
- Efficient with the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to conduct online research efficiently on various government websites
- Education pertaining to communications, negotiating and any course offered by the International Right of Way Association
- Knowledge of permitting for electric utility facilities
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and, Esri/ArcGIS
Stanley Consultants, Inc. - 19 months ago