For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit
Shift Miller - Hudson, NY
This is a non-exempt level position.
Maximize optimum yield, moisture gain, and production.
- Run extractions; one hour roll checks; proper load on mill; proper adjustment of
purifiers; clean purifier screens; adjust roll brushes; good feeder gate spreads; red dog monitoring/weighting; and monitor cleaning house to minimize wheat loss.
Produce a food safe product that meets the specifications of the customer.
- Sampling finished product; proper ingredients; temper water adjustments;
monthly tail out; and weekly flour stream check.
Optimize mill efficiency and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Supervise and participate in mill repairs to include: roll changes, sifter repair,
filter sock changing, purifier repair, spout repairs, lubrication and preventive maintenances. This also includes changing or cleaning blower filters, replacing sprockets, chains, and other equipment that would not require an experienced maintenance employee.
Objective: Ensure a safe working environment for both employees and visitors.
- Evaluate employee safe work practices according to ADM policies and procedures.
Perform VBS observations.
Conduct shift transition and huddle meetings on a daily basis.
Actively attend all safety training and meetings as required.
Ensure maximum level of security.
- Monitor and control visitor entries and periodically monitor outside perimeters
Objective: Ensure a quality product through systematic procedures.
- Monitor and control mill feed in stations; perform weekly magnet checks; and supervise/document all rebuilt and patent sifter repairs. Periodically check seals of box trailer loads, bulk flour rail cars, bulk flour trucks, pack house and metal detection logs.
Comply with all HACCP procedures while maintaining master cleaning schedules.
Control and maintain required housekeeping standards.
- Supervise department utility personnel and monitor plant utility in proper cleaning procedures within all areas.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Archer Daniels Midland - 2 years ago
A daily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of...