Position Title Position Title " >Metallurgical Technician AutoReqId AutoReqId " >4876BR Job Function Job Function " >Processing Country USA Province/State Province/State " >Nevada Site / Office Site / Office " >Round Mountain Mine Operation Job Category Job Category " >Full Time Location Statement Location Statement " >Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,000 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
Kinross Round Mountain is an open pit mining operation located in Nye County, Nevada. Round Mountain is proud to have earned commendations for its safety and environmental initiatives. Job Description Job Summary
The Metallurgical Technicians progress from Level I to Level III, then to Senior Metallurgical Technician. The primary function of the Metallurgical Technician is to perform test work in a safe and efficient manner. The test work will include routine tests and project generated tests.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
1. Must ensure the safe and efficient completion of test work and report results in a timely manner.
2. Maintain cleanliness and order in the Met. Lab.
3. Cooperate fully and cheerfully with all fellow employees so that the harmonious working environment is maintained at all times.
4. Computer Skills – The Metallurgical Technician must be knowledgeable in the use of word-processing, spreadsheet, and database programs: Word, Excel, and Access are preferred. Must be able to generate mail messages, pick tickets and work orders on the JDE System.
5. Math Skills – The Metallurgical Technician must have good math skills up to algebra.
6. Chemistry – The Metallurgical Technician must have a good understanding of chemistry.
7. Troubleshooting – The Metallurgical Technician must be able to perform 2nd level maintenance and troubleshooting on pH meters and other laboratory equipment.
8. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
9. Tech I is an entry-level position that must be taught all aspects of the job, including laboratory safety and hygiene, standard test procedures, and equipment operation and maintenance. The Tech I completes all tasks under the direct supervision of a Metallurgist or more senior Technician. Bidders for this position must have basic math skills.
10. Tech II can correctly perform standard tests without direct supervision, and can safely operate and maintain equipment without supervision. The Tech. II will be able to use spreadsheet and word-processing computer programs to enter project data and write simple memos. Instructs Technician III Personnel in standard job duties, does monthly Reagent inventories, and maintains the Met Lab files. To obtain this position, one year of experience as Tech. III and demonstrated ability to do standard tests, operate equipment, and use computer software. Scoring 200 points or better on the Met Tech test will also progress the incumbent from level III to level II. Note: This is the highest rank to offer outside hires.
11. Tech III is able to independently modify standard test procedures to meet the goals of projects. This person is able to develop spreadsheets to hold data for projects and write project reports. May supervise one Technician of lesser rank when a project requires two Technicians. Prepares pick tickets and work orders on JDE system and serves as back up for the OP Clerk, Mill Clerk, and Refiner. Must be able to do leak detection while monitoring. One year as Tech II and demonstrated understanding of principles, underlying test procedures, and computer skills is required to obtain this position.
12. Senior Metallurgical Technician is the same as the Tech I, but with the regular responsibility of supervising two or more technicians of lesser rank. This is a lead position. Must have at least 3 years as Tech. I and demonstrated supervisor potential for this position.
13. Must be and keep refreshed on chemical hazards involved with working with the types of reagents used within the Ore Processing Department. Removal Date Removal Date " >29-Sep-2013