Level 2 support and troubleshoot PC’s and servers and install, upgrade and maintain commercial off the shelf software (COTS). The position requires being in fluent in both English and Japanese.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems over the phone and to independently solve problems creatively for mainly Japanese speaking users.
- Image and Deploy Laptops/Desktops with Microsoft OS and MSMM approved applications
- Installation of other business approved software on Laptops/Desktops as requested
- Configure and Deploy Blackberry Units as requested
- Support and Upgrade Blackberry Server as requested
- Recover of Laptop/Desktop files as requested by the business
- Support of other MSMM approved peripherals connected to Desktops/Laptops as requested
- Interacts with technicians from Development Team, Development Management, IT Operations Team, IT Operations Management and head office technical support in Japan.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Native level Japanese fluency and business level English fluency are required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Various PC related hardware and peripherals: Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Scanners, CD burners, etc
- Windows XP/Windows 7
- MS Office 2007
- MS Windows Server
- MS Exchange
- MS Active Directory
- Internet Explorer
- Cisco VPN
- Wireless Communication Devices
- Wireless Routers/Networking
- Dialup Internet Services and Hardware
- Broadband Internet Services and Hardware
- Validating Windows Logons across multiple domains
- Encryption technology
- Virtualization technology
The CSI Companies, Inc. offers specialized employment consulting solutions to a wide range of companies throughout the world, including some...