A branch service manager's responsibility is managing the shop floor and handling minor shop administrative tasks that are the result of preventative maintenance and repairs. The branch service manager oversees the maintenance supervisor and/or technicians to assure the location aligns business objectives and customers demands.
- Manage preventative maintenance scheduling, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel
- Hire, train, and evaluate personnel
- Assure that each direct report understands the company objectives
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business
- Direct and supervise associates engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or performing specific services, such as pumping gasoline for customers
- Provide staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties
- Plan and prepare work schedules, and assign associates to specific duties
- Attend company meetings to exchange product information and coordinate work activities with other departments
- Prepare sales and inventory reports for management and budget departments
- Formulate pricing policies according to profitability requirements
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture among Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and General Electric. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more about the company and its products and services.
- At least 3 years of previous work experience in diesel shop maintenance required
- At least 1 years of supervisory experience required
- Associates Degree (business or technical) or Vo-Tech Graduate preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint required
- Strong written/oral communication and people management skills required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
225 John Hancock Road
225 John Hancock Road
Vehicle Maintenance Management/Supervisors
Penske - 6 months ago
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. A leading glob...