What You Will Do:
To handle income and outgoing phones calls for Maryland General Hospital staff, patients and external customers as required, while being courteous, respectful and efficient.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operates telephone console, routing incoming calls to the proper departments while maintaining online availability during their shift.
2. Places and logs, local and long distance calls for hospital staff and patients as required and responds to calls in the amount of time/rings determined by the Lead Operator.
3. Provides excellent customer service to all callers by having a respectful and courteous demeanor.
4. Refers difficult callers to the Manager or Lead Operator by either forwarding the phone call to management or taking the callers name and number for a future call from management.
5. Screen pages and beeps hospital staff as needed and maintains the appropriate logs for in house messaging and paging.
6. Handles emergency situations i.e. stat calls, code blue, fire, security and other emergency calls, creates logs as required.
7. Provides answering service for physicians credentialed by the hospital.
8. Maintains on call scheduling, documentation and makes additions, changes and deletions to manual booking as required.
9. Abides by hospital and departmental rules, policies and procedures.
10. Ensures that proper care is taken with using Telecommunications equipment.
11. Performs other duties as required.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High School Diploma
Computer Literate. Prior operator experience is preferred but not required.
University of Maryland Medical System
- 2 years ago - save job