Requires knowledge of Patient Scheduling appointments/procedures in terms of what is to be done and an understanding of how it is to be done. Medical terminology and procedures performed by cardio-thoracic surgeons is required.
Primary Job Functions
- Schedules procedures/visits for all sites that the Scheduling Department is responsible for.
- Correlates with PHG research department in scheduling new procedures which PHG physicians are involved with.
- Adjust and consolidate schedules to maximize efficiency.
- Work one on one with patients to schedule appointments/procedures at a convenient time for the patient, but also in an efficient manner for the practice.
- Perform Pre appointment/procedure education for the patient on non-clinical issues; assist the nurse with clinical pre-operative education.
- Confirm procedures with patients and the cath lab.
- Serves as a liaison to private offices and private nurse assist for scheduling assists for appointments/procedures.
- Work one-on-one with employed physicians to schedule their appointments/procedures.
- In consultation with physicians, adjust their schedules to accommodate appointments/procedures.
- Assist in quality improvement projects in the site, specifically in invasive procedural scheduling areas.
- Obtains records from other facilities regarding patients referred to PHG in order to determine which specialty within PHG patient needs to be scheduled with.
- Serves as trainer, mentor and resource to new employees in department.
- In collaboration with Supervisor and Administrator, generate statistics.
- Participates in interviews for potential new hires.
- Assists the Scheduling Supervisor, as needed, with developing and maintaining staff work schedules and Timecare.
- Cross-trained to cover check-in, checkout, charge posting and scheduling to cover during staff shortages.
- Serves as a role model for professional behavior and technical skills.
- Perform other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 22 months ago