We are actively seeking a RedHat Linux Engineer for a permanent hire opportunity in Brentwood, TN. This is a great opportunity to work on a wide range of technologies with a primary focus being on Red Hat Linux architecture, installation and support. This role will be the frontline Linux engineer for our production environment and all auxiliary environments leading up to production. We are looking for an engineer who specializes in the Red Hat suite of products. The candidate will be involved in architecting, building and managing Linux based appliances. The candidate will be involved in the full SDLC lifecycle from development all the way through production.
The candidate will be responsible for designing the infrastructure required to satisfy the non-functional (sizing, availability, and performance) requirements for business applications that will be deployed on the Linux based appliances. This individual will work closely with internal Application Development Teams to understand how an application functions and the software products required in supporting it.
Required Skills for RedHat Linux Engineer
- 5+ years Red Hat Linux Enterprise experience
- 5+ years in Virtualization technologies (VMWare)
- 5+ years supporting high volume systems
- 5+ years supporting Apache
- 5+ years supporting Web Applications
- Infrastructure Services including DNS, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, and NTP
- Automated Operating System Lock Down for Linux using Security Blanket
- Perform engineering work concerned with the analysis, planning, designing, evaluating, selecting and upgrading of systems
- Strong working knowledge of Linux shell and scripting (Perl and/or Bash)
- Cisco UCS experience a plus