Calhoun Community College is a comprehensive community college with an enrollment of approximately 12,000 students. Classes are taught day, evening, and weekends on the Decatur and Huntsville/Research Park campuses, and several off-campus sites. In addition, multiple forms of distance education are offered.
1. A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution and a minimum of one (1) year of job related work experience with active directory or LDAP and single sign on environments are required
2. A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years’ work experience and special skills in network administration, administrative software support, active directory, and/or single sign on methodologies are required .
3. A minimum of two (2) years work experience with Active Directory or LDAP is required .
4. A minimum of two (2) years work experience maintaining or administering a Single Sign On environment for multiple applications is required .
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate through their experiences and accomplishments
1. Effective oral and written communication skills;
2. Experience with Luminis Portal;
3. A minimum of three (3) years Active Directory or LDAP administrative experience;
4. A minimum of three (3) years of multiple applications support (Banner preferred);
5. Experience with provisioning services for Active Directory;
6. Experience with Red Hat Linux;
7. Knowledge of Information Technologies support practices and procedures.
Duties will include to:
1. Administer and support the college’s Single Sign On environment.
2. Analyze the network in relation to AD and SSO environment.
3. View system and application development in relation to the college mission, vision and core values
4. Provide advanced technical support of the administrative software and database for Ellucian‘s Banner system.
5. Learn new techniques, programming languages and environments as they develop.
6. Work with college staff to provide network application services without compromising security.
7. Create and write documentation.
8. Work effectively with a variety of colleagues in varying levels of technical proficiency.
Appropriate placement on State Salary Schedule E1, Grade 01: $45,883 - $59,284
4:00 p.m. C.S.T., Monday, February 18, 2013
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated on this vacancy notice and must submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for this position. For an application, visit our web page at http://www.calhoun.edu or contact us at 256/306-2590. Complete application files must be received in the Office of Human Resources no later than the application deadline. A completed application consists of the following:
Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified . Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a non-refundable $13 payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Finalist will be required to provide official transcripts that are mailed directly to the Office of Human Resources at Calhoun Community College from the institution(s) granting credits. Applicants must travel at their own expense.
- Calhoun Community College application form
- Current résumé
- Copy of high school diploma/GED or unofficial or official college transcripts (Transcript must confirm applicant meets educational requirements.)
- Application materials must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications.