All applicants will be considered for HUC Float and Medical / Surgical Unit openings. Recent applicants who have applied to the Surgical Care and the Medical Oncology openings have been moved to this opening and are still under consideration.
Performs administrative work appropriate for patient care to support hospital unit operations and the multidisciplinary team.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Desired: Graduate of a Health Unit Coordinator program.
- Required: 6 months of health care experience or recent graduate of a Health Unit Coordinator program.
- Desired: Previous experience in HUC position.
- Required: Clerical skills to include ability to type 35-40 words per minute, legible handwriting, keyboarding, and ability to use multi-line telephone, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate and relate to others in a considerate, respectful, courteous manner. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Posses basic computer knowledge and have knowledge of Medical Terminology. Display excellent problem-solving skills, flexible and able to work independently with minimal supervision and thrive on change.
- Desired: Ability to work as member of team, ability to work in a high intensity, fast paced environment.
- Desired: National Health Unit Coordinator certification.
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position
- Long periods of sitting while working on the computer, frequent reaching and finger usage (mouse). Some walking, standing, bending and reaching. Listening and verbal communication to patients/family members and coworkers via phone and face-to-face. Reading from paper and computer screen. Filling in floor and overhead cabinets. Lifting 10-25 pounds.
Gundersen Health System
- 3 years ago - save job