Environmental Specialist II, Geismar LA-1300380
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The position provides technical support for environmental compliance activities as needed through a shared services concept.
1. Responsible for providing technical and regulatory expertise to maintain environmental compliance through support and program assistance for multiple operating units.
2. Responsible for facilitating the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices within the EHS Community.
3. Responsible for implementation and operation of EHS standardized processes and administrative support of related electronic systems.
4. Responsible for developing effective working relationships with site management, employees, and the EHS community to drive continuous improvement in environmental performance.
5. Provide input to Hub Environmental Team Leader in identifying and tracking appropriate KPI’s, and assessing environmental performance.
6. Maintain environmental records and prepare various reports for assigned units.
1. Maintain and monitor environmental compliance programs for assigned units while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
2. Maintain written environmental programs and procedures for assigned units.
3. Lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for on-site incidents.
4. Participate in capital project reviews of assigned units consistent with the level of EHS expertise needed.
5. Develop unit specific training packages for regulatory changes, new or modified permit conditions, or targeted KPI enhancements.
6. Provide environmental regulatory interpretation for assigned units’ operational and maintenance activities.
7. Provide input to Hub Environmental Team Leader and interface with regulatory agencies and third parties as needed, on permitting, compliance and enforcement issues.
8. Active participation with the EHS Community.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
The individual needs to have detailed knowledge (theory and application) of the various environmental disciplines, specifically air and waste, or capability to develop the same. Basic knowledge of chemical manufacturing is a plus.
1. BS Degree, or higher, in Engineering, Science or Environmental discipline required.
2. Environmental regulatory knowledge and expertise is required. Louisiana specific regulatory knowledge is a plus.
3. Experience/training in RCRA and/or MACT regulations a plus.
4. Two or more years experience in implementing environmental programs, in a chemical manufacturing arena, is required.
5. Basic computer skills (ex. spreadsheets, word processing, database management) essential.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Function: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NTU-Environment, Health & Safety
BASF - 18 months ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...