SelectHealth is looking for a highly organized and energetic project manager capable of running enterprise level projects, within our Project Management Office (PMO). We are looking for a candidate who has a background in both technical and business areas of an organization. The successful candidate will have the ability to assemble project teams from multiple departments, and form the team into an organized unit that is focused on a common goal. Experience working with business areas to frame project scope, organize the project team and manage change requests is highly desired.
Develops and leads the execution of project plans including a detailed schedule of tasks. Adjusts project plan as necessary to achieve project objectives within schedule, scope and resource constraints.
Identifies needed project resources and works with resource managers using approved processes and tools, to ensure that adequate resources are in place to support the project plan. Escalates project resource issues in a timely manner.
Leads development of project cost plans, benefit plans and the overall project budget. Tracks actual costs against budget to ensure the realization of expected value.
Assigns project work, sets priorities, and provides guidance in the completion of tasks, reviews deliverables, and reviews and approves project timesheets.
Works with resource managers to address individual performance issues affecting project success. Contributes to performance appraisals for team members. May conduct team building/development activities. May participate in the recruiting and hiring of team members, as appropriate.
Provides leadership in identifying, analyzing, managing, mitigating and resolving issues and risks (including dependencies) affecting the project. As appropriate, escalates issues and risks to management.
Leads the development, review and approval of the documents required by the Project Life Cycle. Leads preparation for Project Life Cycle phase transition checkpoint reviews.
Develops and executes project communication plans to ensure timely, accurate, effective communication of project related information to stakeholders. Uses PMO approved methods and tools to ensure consistency. Leads development of presentations for use in various venues. Effectively organizes and leads project meetings.
This position will work with confidential and proprietary information that requires a signed IT Employee Invention and Confidentiality Agreement upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, engineering, or business management field OR four or more years of science, engineering, or business management experience. Intermountain Healthcare verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Excellent analysis and presentation skills
- Two or more years of project management experience
- Two or more years of experience working in an enterprise project management role
- Two or more years of experience in a healthcare or insurance setting
- Program management experience, simultaneously working on multiple, large-scale projects within a Project Management Office environment
- Experience implementing large scale business or process improvement initiatives
- Experience managing all aspects of project control – issues, risk, scope, and change requests
- Project Management certification
- Experience managing both agile and waterfall projects
- Two or more years of experience actively using Microsoft Project to manage projects
- Successful track record in all aspects of providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with all levels within the organization
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 9 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...