About the Role and Responsibilities
Location: Denver, CO
About the Role:
McAfee is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
System Administrator tasks associated with the Email Protection service include: Managing mission critical distributed email processing environment, provide infrastructure architectural recommendations for the Email Protection environment, Responding to customer initiated issues, On call support as part of a shared pager rotation, Reviewing exception logs related to production problems, Building out operation readiness test environments, Upgrading servers and other infrastructure to latest open source requirements. Some travel is required to remote data center locations.
- Support 100+ servers in multiple 24x7 data centers.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Business continuity planning.
- Hardware/software configuration; and management.
- Liaison with professional services teams, operations personnel, and field service personnel.
- Technical support and general troubleshooting.
- Manage and lead data migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Total experience 5-7 yrs applicable experience
- 5 - 7 yrs professional systems engineering experience in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Strong experience with system management tools, logical file systems, and client/server environments.
- In-depth hardware configuration knowledge
- Shell programming expertise
- Network experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated initiative and team work competencies
- Ability to communicate technical issues
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience automating complex systems administration tasks – Perl or BASH scripting experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, KickStart, Nagios, BIND, Apache httpd, iptables
- In-depth knowledge of the HTTP protocol, SSL
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Some knowledge of relational databases and basic SQL statements
- Experience with SELinux and securing Linux systems
- Experience with PHP/C/C++ desired but not required
- Experience with Puppet and DevOps desired but not required
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Development, and QA.
- Proven track record of working in a fast pace dynamic environment.
- The ability to work in an Agile manner. Prior exposure to the Agile methodology of software development which includes iterative development, planning meetings and daily standup sessions.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job: IT Operations
Primary Location: NA-USA-CO-Denver
Position Number: 883904
McAfee - 8 months ago
McAfee puts a virtual padlock on IT resources. The company sells network security products that protect computers, networks, and mobile...