Education and/or Experience:|
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hotel Management, General Business or Marketing degree preferred.
- Two to three years management experience preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deal with management, associates, guests, and general public in a courteous, tactful and patient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, telephone, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high energy and demanding work environment.
- Good understanding of revenue generation and profit/loss implications.
- Possess strong working knowledge of P&L statement.
- Understand MARSHA Inventory and daily selling strategies.
- Ability to work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Excellent guest relation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to cultivate customer relations and work with associates of various levels and backgrounds.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated to work independently with little guidance.
- Effective negotiation skills and strategic thinking.
- Good computer skills.
- Good management skills.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
Responsible for directing and overseeing all operational activities and departments in the hotel to maximize revenue and deliver a positive experience and exceptional customer service for the guests. Keep guest satisfaction as high as possible.
- Prompt and regular attendance
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
- Associates are required to comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional attitude and appearance standards.
- Act as a team player with all levels of staff.
- Lead by example.
- Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
- Participate in self-development to include participation in company sponsored seminars and training programs, independent on-site training activities and non-company activities (reading, participation in civic and professional associations, courses, or seminars).
- Current and valid drivers license.
- Over-night travel as necessary.
- Adhere to requirements, policies, and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook and/or other property documents.
- Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations and safety are followed.
- Maintains and improves property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction and the right public image.
- Ensure that the property and its inventories are always in the best of conditions.
- Develop annual budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Prepare and submit on a timely basis operational results/reports to corporate office/owners.
- Inspects property on a regular basis and enforces the implementation of actions toward the safety, comfort, and cleanliness of the hotel and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse work place.
- Selects, trains, and directs department supervisors and other associates as necessary keeping them well versed in all policies and procedures.
- Delegates various tasks to the AGM and/or department supervisors to ensure the smooth operation of the property.
- Monitors performance, develops and guides associates in career paths.
- Conducts Performance Evaluations for Department Heads.
- Responsible for maintaining proper and confidential Human Resources files, i.e., personnel files, medical files, investigative files, etc.
- Aggressively reduce accidents, and minimize worker's compensation and unemployment claims and resulting costs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Sales and Marketing Program and Quarterly Sales Strategy Reports.
- Accompany Sales Manager on sales calls.
- Become involved in community and/or government affairs.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Support team members to ensure the team's entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
Hcareers.com - 11 months ago