Job Description |
Responsible for the design and development activities associated with methods for validating hardware/software systems, and broader solutions. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and test tools, and completes validation specifications and procedures for new and changes to existing products. Plans the labor, schedules, equipment, and software required for validating and evaluating our solutions. Uses current product performance information and other means to gauge customer usage to the product development teams.“DJAM” "LIDSFG" Job#011198 (M)
Test Consultants lead testing engagement activities as defined by the client contract. They have demonstrated leadership on medium, complex engagements, larger, less-complex engagements and phases of very large engagements.
The selected candidate must have experience setting up automated test solutions in a highly regulated industry (preferably Healthcare). Must be an expert in all phases of testing, able to ask clients questions and analyze responses to understand the client's test environment enough to identify areas of risk and make meaningful recommendations on how to mitigate those risks. Desired: Healthcare and/or ICD-10 payer experience.
The end products of this assignment will be an End-to-End Test Strategy and a gap analysis with recommendations on what the client needs to do to reduce their test risks. Aspects of this broader solution include: Test Strategy, IT Assessment & Roadmap, Testing Roadmap; Ability to consult with multiple project teams and support setting up and administrating the testing tools.
Responsibilities include providing test management consulting to client IT to determine their business and technical issues related to testing" and recommend solutions. This role uses in-depth consulting skills and Full Life Cycle Test/Test Process Model methods to analyze their clients' issues, formulate hypotheses and test conclusions to determine appropriate solutions. The Test Consultant also advises the clients on testing methodology and tools. Engagements supported are cross-industry and include all platforms so the Test Consultant is required to have a broad range of consulting skills and knowledge.
Minimum Travel is expected.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
The ideal candidate will have strong Java coding, SDLC experience, presentation skills, and strong knowledge of Data Warehousing, COGNOS, and formalized Automation Testing Administration (set up and trouble shooting).
• Expert with automation testing tools either HP Quality Center or prefer Rational Test Manager
• English: Basic knowledge
Rational Tools expertise
Prepare Reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
• The framework should be designed in such a way that it increases and speeds up their productivity.
• The engineer also must support the framework/s, for example, supporting dev/qa with issues using the tool. The engineer will implement automation test scripts. Integration with the test management tool is also, planned.
• The Senior Test Automation Engineer must be able to take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of the automation effort, and its schedule and prioritization.
• The engineer will work with management, developers, and quality assurance personnel, to meet these goals.
• Additionally the Test Automation Engineer will also be involved in supporting the build master implement/improve build test processes, environments, and scripts. These build tests ensure that the code drops to quality assurance are of the highest quality.
• They will provide a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing. You will be a creative and proactive thinker and you will make use of current technologies to provide extensible automation infrastructures.
• They will review product requirements, functional and design specifications determine and prepare automated test cases.
• They will work closely with other QC team members to automate the execution and verification of reports created by the various company products.
• They will work closely with various Development team members to understand testing objectives and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
• They will be part of a team focusing on automation of an identified set of migration tests, checking they run correctly and working within the infrastructure. The team would focus on develop and test these automation buckets which would be executed by other teams.
Typically requires at least 10 years relevant experience without a Degree; 4+ years relevant experience with Undergraduate Degree; 3+ years relevant experience with Graduate Degree
5+ years of Test Case Development
5+ years of Test Case Execution
3+ years of QA estimation for test case development and execution
5+ years Relational Database/SQL experience
At least 5 years experience in Test Process Consulting
• At least 5 years experience in Test Consulting
Dell - 17 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...