This is a 12 month ACE/AFSCME position
Pay Table - 200
Salary range - $14.62 - $26.65
CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2013
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assists in inspecting tires on vehicles for evidence of wear, damage, or under inflated;
- Inflates or dismounts and replaces tires as necessary;
- Properly matches tires when dual wheels are involved;
- Repairs flats;
- Performs static balancing of wheels and tires;
- Makes road service calls to change tires;
- Uses such tools and equipment as air compressor and air wrench, jacks, tire irons, safety chains, tire hammers, and tire lubricants;
- Drives truck to locations where work is to be done, and to pick up or deliver tires as necessary;
- Cleans and replaces tools and equipment;
- Loads and unloads tires;
- Assists in maintaining records of vehicles serviced and materials used;
- May perform a variety of other assignments during inclement weather; and
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Some knowledge of tire sizes in relation to vehicle capacity and inspection laws as they apply to the condition of tires on motor vehicles;
- Working knowledge of standard methods, tools, equipment, hazards and safety practices involved in tire maintenance activities;
- Ability to recognize recaps from new tires;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to make arithmetical computations and tabulations;
- Ability to properly care for compressed air equipment; and
- Must be in excellent physical condition.
Completion of a standard high school diploma or GED and some experience as a helper in a garage or automotive service station; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities .
Possession of an appropriate and valid Maryland Motor Vehicle Operator's License (minimum of Class C, B or A preferred), with driving record indicating five (5) or fewer current points of which no more than three (3) shall have been accumulated as a result of traffic violations occurring while operating a Board of Education vehicle.
Direct Deposit is expected as a condition of new hire employment.
Based on the settlement agreement reached in Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor v. Prince George's County Board of Education, OALJ Case No. 2011-LCA-00026, PGCPS is ineligible to sponsor foreign nationals for U.S. employment under any temporary or permanent visa program. As a condition of employment, all applicants for employment must be qualified to work in the United States without sponsorship by PGCPS. If you are not work-authorized and would require PGCPS to sponsor you for a work visa you will not be considered for employment