SSD Solutions Technical Evangelist
In this position, you will be working as a Storage System Architect and SSD Technical Evangelist in the NVM Solutions Group (NSG) Marketing Organization. You will be the Solution's Development Technical Lead, responsible for defining and delivering Technical System Implementation Blueprints for various storage system vertical markets which align to NSGs SSD product strategy. You will build a successful team of systems engineers and be responsible for their technical growth and results delivery. Your team's charter will be to deliver compelling system's solutions blue prints, case studies, POCs, drive end user design-wins and incremental NSG revenue at both Corporate Client and Data Center customers. You will expand NSG's SSD product reach into new segments and verticals. You will spend significant time supporting Intel's ESS and ETS groups, working directly with Data Center End User accounts to drive adoption of Intel SSD technology. You will represent Intel as the key SSD technical resource and system architecture technology expert. You will also be responsible to develop product and technical collateral; training materials for our partner's design win team as well as SMG. You will be working closely with customers to manage our technical engagement on Intel SSD product solutions by understanding qualification feature requirements, negotiating design-wins, and managing customer technical or product application issues. You will help shape Intel's future SSD product definition and direction within the data center market segment. You will be working closely with both internal and external customers to deliver outstanding customer service and to establish strong relationships that deliver results meeting Intel's business objectives.
- An ideal candidate will demonstrate direct experience in storage system architecture, NAND and SSD functionality, testing methods, reliability, and system assist elements which extend NAND data integrity and cycling capability. In addition, technical marketing, applications engineering, customer qualification management, or technical program management related experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience building data center solutions blueprints which extend Intel's design win reach
- Broad understanding of Intel client and data center hardware platform roadmaps, capabilities popular data center applications, including software I/O interactions and opportunities for performance tuning
- Broad understanding of options to automate testing and drive lab efficiencies
- Desire to lead a team of systems engineers and technicians, or manage people
- Knowledge of SSD requirements, customers, operation, SAS, SATA, or PCIe protocol, and hands on server systems debug skills preferred
You should possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline. Advanced technical degree, and/or MBA a plus.
- 10 years architecting, configuring, and testing server or storage system hardware and/or software for use in data center applications using both Windows and Linux based operating systems
- Understanding of key HW and SW trends within data centers related to Big Data, HPC, Content Delivery, OLTP, Virtualization, Private vs Public Cloud, Storage, Networking, and General Corporate IT Office applications
- Detailed understanding of Server and Storage System hardware architectures, driver stacks, configurations to optimize performance, and system level trade-offs
- Experience in SAS / SATA, Fibre Channel, or PCIe storage components, RAID controllers, HBAs, Expanders, JBODs strongly preferred
- Direct customer interaction experience required, including one-on-one or group customer interaction working independently as well as with teams to influence key decision makers at all levels
- A demonstrated proficiency to influence technical and marketing experts within Intel, at customers, and across the industry to arrive at solutions which align all stakeholders
- Established technical network within and outside Intel Corporation, including the ability to influence across Intel divisions
- An ability to make key decisions, set policies and create communication strategies which balance between IP disclosure and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well within a high performing applications engineering and technical marketing teams as well as with cross functional groups throughout NSG and Intel
- Self-starter with a positive can do attitude, solid interpersonal and written communications skills, not afraid to jump-in and help in the lab or crafting technical documentation as needed
- Active listening skills, including experience investigating and understanding customer requirements as well as proactively identifying potential issues
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex engineering or customer engagement challenges
- Demonstrated experience summarizing, creating collateral, and delivering top ranked training both small and large audiences of technical experts on detailed technical products, concepts and solutions
- Demonstrated business acumen and customer orientation skills
Feb 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Employees in Intel's NVM Solutions Group deliver solutions that are transforming computing across all segments from data centers to Ultrabooks. They invent, develop, bring to market and support customers with leading-edge NAND flash memory and system level solutions such as solid state drives (SSDs). SSDs are accelerating performance for gaming enthusiasts, reducing total cost of ownership for IT managers of data centers and improving security and reliability for businesses. This dynamic group is strategically positioned to become the leading Non-Volatile Memory solution supplier for the compute segment and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.
Intel's NVM Solutions Marketing Group is changing IT landscape and computing experiences by evolving platform storage with new form-factors, product features, and new memory technologies. Our current focus is growing SSD solutions across several server and storage vertical markets, including but not limited to Corporate Clients, IPDC, Content Delivery, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Cloud Computing, Supercomputing, and others. This dynamic group is strategically grown to become one of the leading SSD suppliers in the world and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion