Our Dallas Client is seeking a Software Engineer for a permanent opportunity located in Ft. Worth, Texas. Qualified candidates will need to have experience in C/C++, PostgreSQL, Linux and UNIX System.|
- We are looking for smart and motivated coders to join the Engineering team. We have a lot of big engineering challenges dealing with scalability and performance. Our system operates across several data centers world-wide and handles hundreds of thousands of requests every second. We process hundreds of gigabytes of data every day. In 2013 we're poised to expand to upwards of a million requests per second and terabytes of data per day!
- The job is in Fort Worth, TX, which is the cooler side of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. It's a fantastic place to live.
- The official job requirements are below, but we are flexible for good coders who want to learn new things. We work with a broad range of technologies including Ruby, C and C++, Erlang, Node.js, Redis, and more. A background in computer science is not required (backgrounds in EE/MAE, Physics, Math, etc. have been good finds for us), but proven experience solving problems with code is a must.
- Fluent in: C/C++ or Ruby.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Experience with UNIX system programming, multi-thread concurrency.
- Expertise in data structures, data mining, map reduce, algorithms, optimization and large scale data processing.
- Familiarity with web services, and API design.
- Experience developing highly available, fault tolerant online server systems.
- Strong communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Familiarity with RoR, Rack, Gentoo.
- Experience as open source contributor.
- Online advertising industry experience.
- Speak any foreign languages.
- Client will not accept subcontractors
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
Whatever your career destination, we're how you get there. For more than 27 years, MATRIX has placed talented contract and permanent IT professionals like yourself at thousands of top-notch organizations throughout the U.S., ranging from Fortune 50 to small IT shops across all industries.
MATRIX surrounds you with personal services from assistance with your resume and interviewing skills, to background information on the companies you will interview with, and more.
Once you are onboard as a MATRIX consultant, we offer outstanding benefits, a 401(k) program (or plan), discounted training, and other valuable incentives.
Apply today at MATRIX.
Please Note: Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
CareerBuilder - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
MATRIX is a leading full-service IT staffing and IT professional services firm, providing top quality IT candidates to fill both contract...