Grade 03 $ 9.91 - $12.88/hr (midpoint)
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Nursing Resource Pool
The Patient Safety Attendant provides assistance to licensed staff to ensure patient safety at all times when one-on-one care is required for the patient and is ordered by the Licensed Independent Practitioner. Patient Safety Attendants are observers and assistants to the patient. They work with patients, staff and family members to ensure that social needs are met by the patient; anticipate the needs of the patient; and assists in communicating those immediate needs to nursing staff. The Patient Safety Attendant does not perform nursing staff functions, but may assist the patient in basic needs such as eating when authorized by the primary nurse.
1. Works in collaboration with Registered Nurse and Certified Nurse Assistant to provide for safety of patients requiring individualized one on one care as ordered by the Licensed Provider.
2. Assists patients with individualized personal care such as eating (as coordinated with nursing staff) within scope of practice limitations.
3. Communicates with patient, staff and family members to assure patient safety at all times.
4. Accompanies patient during transfer from floor to floor or to procedures as assigned in order to assure safety and patient comfort in continuum of care.
5. Provides for non-clinical care needs such as environmental evaluation, linen changes (unoccupied bed only), or removal of trays, trash, etc.
6. Accomodates patient communication needs such as conversation, diversion, distraction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Customer service abilities including effective listening.
Ability to read/write and communicate well with staff, patients and patient’s family members.
Successful completion of Patient Safety Attendant training provided by Cheyenne Regional Medical Center after hire.
BLS/CPR certification within three weeks of hire (Provided by Cheyenne Regional Medical Center if necessary).
Working knowledge of medical terminology. Previous experience in a healthcare environment.
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...